Jugantar Samaj Unnayan Sangstha (JSUS) is a promising flourishing Woman led NGO, significant contributions to advancing gender equality and women`s empowerment at Chattogram Division, Bangladesh. JSUS efforts have led to improved access to education, healthcare, economic opportunities, and legal protection for women and girls. JSUS focuses on various social, economic, and environmental issues and strive to promote gender equality, women`s rights, and women`s empowerment. It plays a crucial role in addressing the unique challenges faced by women and girls in different communities and areas around Bangladesh.
Number of Vacancies
- Job Title : Technical Officer – Education (BRAC Pooled Fund)
- Organization: Jugantar Samaj Unnayan Sangstha (JSUS)
- Supported by : Global Affairs Canada (GAC) & BRAC.
- Program: Humanitarian Response Programme
- Position: Technical Officer – Education
- Reporting to: Project Coordinator -Education
- Duration: 1 Year
- About JSUS: Jugantar Samaj Unnayan Sangstha (JSUS) is a promising flourishing Woman led NGO, significant contributions to advancing gender equality and women`s empowerment at Chattogram Division, Bangladesh. JSUS efforts have led to improved access to education, healthcare, economic opportunities, and legal protection for women and girls. JSUS plays a vital role in supporting women`s leadership and amplifying women`s voices in decision-making processes, both within their communities and at broader societal levels.
- Cox`s Bazar in Bangladesh was hosting a significant population of Rohingya refugees who had fled violence and persecution in Myanmar since 25th August,2017. The Rohingya refugee crisis is one of the largest and most protracted refugee situations globally. The situation in Cox`s Bazar is complex, and the needs of Rohingya refugees are multifaceted. The education program was just one aspect of the broader humanitarian response aimed at addressing the immediate and long-term needs of the Rohingya population. As part of its efforts, JSUS has been actively involved in the Rohingya Refugee Response Program in Cox`s Bazar, addressing the needs of Rohingya refugees who have fled violence and persecution in Myanmar. JSUS has been closely working with BRAC Pool fund team supported by Global Affairs of Canada (GAC) and BRAC for ensuring access to education for the most vulnerable Refugee Communities.
- Role Overview: The Technical Officer – Education will play a pivotal role in providing technical expertise and support in the design, implementation, and monitoring of education projects under the Humanitarian Response program. This role requires a deep understanding of educational best practices, innovative approaches, and a commitment to ensuring quality education for all beneficiaries.
- Technical Expertise:
- Provide expert guidance on education-related interventions, methodologies, and strategies to enhance the quality of projects supported by the BRAC Pool Fund.
- Stay updated with the latest trends, research, and innovations in the field of education to inform project design and implementation.
- Project Design and Planning:
- Collaborate with program managers and stakeholders to design education projects that align with the needs and priorities of target beneficiaries.
- Participate in the development of project proposals, ensuring technical soundness and adherence to best practices.
- Capacity Building:
- Identify capacity-building needs among project staff and partners and develop training programs to enhance their technical skills and knowledge.
- Conduct workshops, training sessions, and knowledge-sharing events to foster continuous learning within the education sector.
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation frameworks for education projects to assess progress, impact, and effectiveness.
- Analyze data, identify trends, and provide recommendations for improvements based on evidence-based findings.
- Resource Management:
- Contribute to budget planning, resource allocation, and procurement decisions for education projects.
- Ensure efficient utilization of resources while maintaining compliance with donor requirements and organizational policies.
- Technical Support to Field Teams:
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to field teams, addressing challenges, and offering solutions to ensure the successful implementation of education projects.
- Partnership and Collaboration:
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, partners, government agencies, and educational institutions to leverage expertise and resources for project success.
- Represent JSUS in relevant technical forums, workshops, and conferences.
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Prepare comprehensive technical reports, case studies, and success stories to showcase project achievements, lessons learned, and impact.
- Bachelors/ master’s degree in education, International Development, Social Sciences, or a related field
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Emergency education program, Emergency Response Operation, Inclusive Education, Rohingya Camp context and Critical analisys, Trainer experience
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Age 25 to 45 years
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing, implementing, and monitoring education projects.
- Strong knowledge of educational methodologies, pedagogical approaches, and innovations in the field.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and software.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Previous experience in capacity-building and training is an advantage.
- Proficiency in English is a plus; knowledge of local languages is a plus.
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Compensation & Other Benefits
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting