A leading consulting firm with certified and an experienced business team working closely with national and international strategic partners. emc is unique to provide a complete solution through managing business growth.
Number of Vacancies
- Support to Laboratory Technicians on preparing and perform of laboratory tests according to laboratory request with appropriate techniques and following applicable protocols and procedures. This function includes, among others:
- Sample collection (blood, stool, oropharyngeal, vaginal and urethral samples).
- Centrifuging blood and processing of other samples.
- Performing laboratory exams (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology or parasitological).
- Ensuring proper reporting and registration of the sample results in order to keep a written track of activity and give information to the relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
- Taking care, manage and organize efficiently the laboratory material/equipment:
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
- Applying hygiene and safety protocols, doing daily cleaning /maintenance, sterilization, washing general glassware after procedures are done.
- Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to safety standards.
- Request laboratory supplies/orders, do stock, storage conditions follow-up, keep inventory.
- Keeping organized the data collection system of laboratory results and all information generated from the analysis done.
- Reporting all relevant information linked to the activity in the laboratory to the supervisor.
- Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols.
- Perform such other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor
- At least one years of experience in pathological laboratory works
- Knowledge and experience with working in field Hospitals, public health sector, medical emergencies will be advantageous.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in hardship situations and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision;
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms.
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders.
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others.
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving services.
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter.
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Monthly gross salary for this position is BDT 20,000.00
Compensation & Other Benefits
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting