Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization working in over 80 countries worldwide. MSF has been working in Bangladesh since 1992. MSF was awarded the prestigious `Nobel Peace Prize` in 1999 for its pioneering humanitarian activities since 1971 in several continents.
Number of Vacancies
Planning, organizing and carrying out laboratory activities and supervising the laboratory staff according to MSF protocols, security measures and hygiene standards, in order to support the MSF medical team in the diagnosis of patients` diseases.
- Participating in the project planning and follow-up and reviewing the laboratory budget when necessary in order to support MSF’s medical activities.
- Ensuring the compliance of MSF hygiene and safety protocols, both individually and collectively as well as informing staff of existing biological risks.
- Performing laboratory tests and carrying out sample collection (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology, parasitology …) in accordance with prescriptions as well as ensuring that quality control tests are carried out regularly. Informing the doctor of the results of the tests and keeping a record of the analysis with data from patients.
- Ensuring proper management (cleaning, maintenance, arranging) of all laboratory equipment and the adequate supply of needed equipment and material in order to prevent stock-outs. This includes being responsible for all required automatic instrument calibration, ensuring that no material is taken out of laboratories without prior authorization and carrying out a proper storage system and conditions, inventory, etc. In cooperation with logistics department, ensuring that cold chain is properly maintained in Laboratory areas for both, samples and reagents.
- In the absence of a Laboratory Manager, ensuring proper registration and needs of all lab related activities and implementing a correct use of the associated management tool (EpyTryp. Etc.) in order to have a proper recording of laboratory activities. Preparing and sending slides/samples for external quality control.
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, coaching, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Producing regular reports on the testing and on any issues / problems related to laboratory personnel and / or the material used.
- MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Ensuring general coordination of the laboratory – supervise the daily activities within the laboratory and its normal functioning.
- Preparing monthly reports and participating in research activities when requested.
- Ensuring good communication about laboratory activity with the direct supervisor and other departments when necessary.
- Updating and implementing SOPs and good practice in the laboratory in collaboration with direct supervisor, technical referent and PMR.
- Work in close collaboration with HOH laboratory team to ensure standardized practices and exchange of knowledge and skills.
- Possibility to be on shifts (day, night or staff housing) according to the needs of the hospital
- Participate in regular follow up of patients in wards and ensure diagnostic tests are being carried out timely and accurately.
- Participate in capacity building and training staff other than laboratory personal on sample collection and testing methods
- Participate in management meetings to raise awareness around laboratory activities, challenges and find solutions as a team along with other project managers.
- Essential degree as Laboratory Technician
- Essential 2 years’ experience in a laboratory, preferably as a Lab Tech.
- Desirable in MSF or another NGO, desirable in a clinical laboratory
- Age 18 to 59 years
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Bengali and English essential. Rohingya language will be an asset
Tk. 72352 - 86822 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Two (2) annual leave days per month worked. Medical insurance for employee and direct dependents.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Send your CV to email@example.com