Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world`s poorest countries. With its head quarter in Ireland, Concern has been working in Bangladesh since 1972.
Number of Vacancies
- Type of Contract: Contract up to 31st December 2023
- Job Purpose:
- The IYCF Counsellor is responsible for IYCF and CMAMI (MAMI) counselling of pregnant mothers and caregivers of children 0-23 months in the project areas. She will be responsible for age and case specific counselling and referral for the targeted area which impact on the lives of the extreme poor and results in lasting positive change. She will play a vital role to bring change in the care practices in terms of IYCF/E and MAMI. She will lead the rapid assessment of IYCF/C-MAMI and conduct the full assessment according to the standard protocol and format. She will also play key role in management of Non-Breastfed Child and ensure an organized referral pathway among INF, SC and health post. She will be responsible to perform other activities requested by her supervisor based on project need.
- Job Description: Click here to download
- Ensuring that the IYCF and C-MAMI counselling implementation plan is developed jointly with the team and delivered timely and effectively to ensure improvement in the nutrition status of the project participants beyond project end.
- To facilitate effective counselling to beneficiaries to bring positive change in their infant feeding practices with the minimum resources towards achieving objective and support to beneficiaries when required.
- Capacitate and support volunteers to conduct the rapid screening and identification of mothers with children 0-23 months with breastfeeding difficulties and non-breastfed infants.
- Counseling mothers and caretakers to ensure proper infant and young child feeding practices.
- Supporting the referral of visibly severely wasted children 0-5 months for inpatient care/ stabilization center.
- Ensuring quality of IYCF-E and MAMI sensitization provided by volunteers during house to house visits and perform house to house visits to especially vulnerable infants.
- Ensure support to at risk Mothers and Infants (0-6 month).
- Support to generate weekly, monthly and other relevant reports as detailed and keeping proper records of project activities at the field level.
- Enabling a friendly collaborative working culture within the team, actively sharing information and knowledge to enable the team to ensure effective learning and sharing across the organization.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (P4, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc.)
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Country Director or the line manager.
- In line with Concern’s commitments under the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS):
- Actively promote meaningful community participation and consultation at all stages of the project cycle (planning, implementation, M&E);
- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that the Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) is functional and accessible, that feedback and complaints are welcomed and addressed;
- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that information about CRM, safeguarding and expected staff behaviour is disseminated among programme participants and communities.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Food Science from any reputed university.
- Around 1-2 years’ progressive experience in community nutrition field. (For highly technical candidates, experience is considerable).
- Technical knowledge on Community management of acute malnutrition (CMAM), C-MAMI and IYCF/E, ECCD programming.
- Familiar with SBCC activities.
- Experience with Counselling and nutrition promotion.
- Having good knowledge on Rohingya refugee programmes will add value.
- Demonstrate ability to provide counselling support.
- Only Female candidates are eligible as they will provide one to one counselling on breastfeeding to mothers.
- Good command and fluency in Bengali and Rohingya language/Chittagong dialect (will be preferable).
- Key competencies:
- Enthusiastic, honest and committed. Results oriented.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to problem solving and good decision making and communication skills.
- Good communication skill.
- Ability to work in challenging environments and strict deadline.
Cox's Bazar (Teknaf)
Tk. 35904 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Standard benefits as per organisational policy Baisakhi allowance, Group Life and Hospitalisation Insurance coverages, OPD coverage, Mobile ceiling and other admissible benefits as per organisational policy
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
If you feel that your qualification and experience match our requirements, and you have a shared commitment to Concern`s values, please email the completed Job Application Form with photograph, National ID, TIN and all Educational Certificates to email@example.com.
Please mark the position applied in the email subject line.
Candidates over 60 years of age are discouraged to apply.