Jugantar Samaj Unnayan Sangstha (JSUS) is a promising flourishing Woman led NGO, significant contributions to advancing gender equality and women`s empowerment at Chattogram Division, Bangladesh. JSUS efforts have led to improved access to education, healthcare, economic opportunities, and legal protection for women and girls. JSUS focuses on various social, economic, and environmental issues and strive to promote gender equality, women`s rights, and women`s empowerment. It plays a crucial role in addressing the unique challenges faced by women and girls in different communities and areas around Bangladesh.
Number of Vacancies
- Purpose of the Position : The Purpose of the Finance Officer position is to play a crucial role in JSUS`s Education Program, supported by BRAC Pooled Fund and GAC, by ensuring that financial resources are managed effectively and transparently to support the organization`s mission of providing assistance to those in need.
- About JSUS:
- Jugantar Samaj Unnayan Sangstha (JSUS) is a promising flourishing woman-led NGO, significant contributions to advancing gender equality and women`s empowerment at Chattogram Division, Bangladesh. JSUS efforts have led to improved access to education, healthcare, economic opportunities, and legal protection for women and girls. JSUS plays a vital role in supporting women`s leadership and amplifying women`s voices in decision-making processes, both within their communities and at broader societal levels.
- Cox`s Bazar in Bangladesh was hosting a significant population of Rohingya refugees who had fled violence and persecution in Myanmar since 25th August,2017. The Rohingya refugee crisis is one of the largest and most protracted refugee situations globally. The situation in Cox`s Bazar is complex, and the needs of Rohingya refugees are multifaceted. The education program was just one aspect of the broader humanitarian response aimed at addressing the immediate and long-term needs of the Rohingya population. As part of its efforts, JSUS has been actively involved in the Rohingya Refugee Response Program in Cox`s Bazar, addressing the needs of Rohingya refugees who have fled violence and persecution in Myanmar. JSUS has been closely working with BRAC Pool fund team supported by Global Affairs of Canada (GAC) and BRAC for ensuring access to education for the most vulnerable Refugee Communities.
- Financial Management:Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records for the program.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies, procedures, and donor requirements.
- Prepare and manage budgets for the program’s activities.
- Monitor and control expenses to stay within budget limits.
- Financial Reporting:
- Prepare regular financial reports for program managers and donors.
- Provide financial information and reports as required for audits and donor reporting.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial reports.
- Cash Flow Management:
- Manage and forecast cash flow to ensure that funds are available when needed.
- Maintain petty cash and process cash disbursements and receipts.
- Monitor bank account balances and reconcile financial records.
- Grants and Donor Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with donor regulations and reporting requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of grant proposals and budgets.
- Track and report on grant utilization and expenses.
- Financial Controls:
- Implement and maintain internal financial controls to prevent fraud and mismanagement of funds.
- Conduct regular financial reviews and internal audits.
- Identify and report financial risks and recommend mitigation measures.
- Financial Transactions:
- Process payments, including vendor invoices, staff salaries, and other program expenses.
- Ensure proper documentation and approvals for all financial transactions.
- Maintain a filing system for financial records.
- Training and Capacity Building:
- Provide training and guidance to program staff on financial procedures and policies.
- Support program staff in understanding donor financial requirements.
- Coordination and Communication:
- Collaborate with other program departments to ensure smooth financial operations.
- Communicate financial information and updates to program managers and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. A master’s degree or professional certification (e.g., ACCA, CIMA, CPA) is a plus.
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Finance/ Accounts, organization and administrative skills., Tally Software
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Age 25 to 40 years
- Proven experience in financial management, preferably in the context of humanitarian or development programs.
- Familiarity with donor regulations and reporting requirements, especially in the context of international NGOs and humanitarian agencies.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools, such as QuickBooks, Excel, or financial management systems.
- He will be experience on Tally Software uses.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Tk. 50000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting